View post (Multiple learning sources?)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
02/17/2012 2:41 am
GT is my primary instruction and I'm folowing the Core Learning System but my practice sessions cover more than whatever GT lesson I'm currently doing. Likewise, my learning sources are more than GT -- I find help and instruction from other sources and the above mentioned Justin Guitar is my favorite 'other' online source. When I'm trying to get a better understanding of a subject, e.g., guitar theory, CAGED system, etc., I rely on YouTube, books, GT tutorials outside the Core Learning track, and even iTunes podcasts. Google search has turned up even more when I've been been pursuing a particular subject.

This doesn't demean GT...these are supplemental info sources just like school courses that use more than one textbook or outside readings.

If ya' need help or info, find it where you can but it'd probably be best to folow only one or two 'courses' at a time. IMO.

john
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins