is the new game Rocksmith a good way to practice guitar what do you think

GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
11/02/2011 10:46 pm
I'm curious about one thing. Can you record your playing directly while you play Rocksmith, so you can hear afterwards whether you actually play right or that the game makes you think you play right?

compare it to singing with the radio on, you think you're singing ok but as soon someone unplugs the radio it's your neighbours biggest nightmare :p
= good music is good drinking =
# 1
deadlynumber7
deadlynumber7
11/02/2011 10:50 pm
ahh theres the trick, after you play a song when it goes back to menu it has a replay of your previous performance. but for somereason that always has some terrible lag in it.. at least for most players. the actual playing will have no lag.. but the replay will be out of sync

also that article on how it fails at teaching.. the part about the dynamic difficulty .. his complaint was that he wanted to play songs he already knows at full difficulty right off without going thru the easy stages.. how is that failing at teaching? more like failing at not teaching and letting you play what you already know. also it does not penalize you for playing extra notes, so if you know the full song,, you can play the full song even when on easy
# 2
Ohmme
Ohmme
11/03/2011 1:53 pm
I got Sore Fingers!

I got the game today, delivered here in the Philippines, customs tax is $28!

Well I must say it is worth it! You can actually use the game as a measure, now I know that my basic chords are stronger (Playing the mini game, zapping zombies!), but for other parts I still need a lot of practice! Sheesh!

I must say this is one productive game! With Guitar tricks with some play time with this game, this could speed up some guitar learning.

By the way I am using a Fender American Standard, the cable that came with it is pretty long too.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.