The Crap music churned otu by todays rock industry

Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
03/13/2002 2:35 am
Originally posted by ^Chacron^
For those who 'want the last decades back' i got one thing to say: the times have moved on and when u try to re-capture the past by briging back old bands it always sucks, so give it the **** up!

Times change, and tastes change. Today's generation doesn't care about the old hairdo bands, and the only people that are going to buy their "reunion" records are in their forties and have hopefully grown up.

And in response to the apparent "massive" amount of money that the record companies have invested in the new GnR . . . well, all I can say is that someone in their marketing research department definitely dropped the ball.

Ed, cheese is bad.

# 1
friskynibbles
friskynibbles
03/13/2002 9:59 pm
Old music, new music - you can't define the value of that music except to comment on how long it has been popular or how many people it has affected.
Much of this nu-metal / rap etc will not stick around long enough to have the kind of influence or affect that the beatles had. Personally, I think the new GnR stinks, but that's just MHO.
I also agree that unless your solo has a point, don't put it in the song. You'll just look like a wanker.
-Daniel
# 2
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
03/13/2002 10:34 pm
I think that nu metal will stick around some because some of its elements have started being integrated in film scoring... All you can hear nowadays are tuned down guitars, yelling through distortion etc... (Well I guess it's also due to RATM, but still, those guys come from RATM too)
# 3
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/14/2002 6:55 pm
I'd really hate to somebody who was jealous of my success ranting and raving instead of going out and putting in all the hours I did to get as far. So until your on stage in front of 30,000 people I'd keep practicing.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
friskynibbles
friskynibbles
03/14/2002 8:43 pm
to be playing that long either professionally or otherwise is an accomplishment in itself. let me know when you've been playing as long as he has and we'll through you a party. if you ever get in front of 30,000 people, don't worry about it - you probably won't remember us.
-Daniel
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.