View post (First gig next week)

View thread

Bruce J
Bruce J
05/07/2011 7:34 pm
Thanks, guys. We'll have some fun and I'm sure we'll make some mistakes and do some learning while we're at it. Fortunately we have the highly coveted time slot of about 5:30-7pm on a Tuesday evening, so there won't be many locals to disappoint. We'll have the place packed with friends and family.

I haven't sorted out my Open G tuning issue any further, but haven't tried either. I'll have the Les Paul with me in standard tuning as a back up to my Strat. I'll save the Open G stuff for when I have some more time to mess with it. I like learning the Stones stuff in both standard and Open G anyway so I can play it either way.

My bigger concern for this one is getting the sound sorted/balanced right. We'll have the vocals and keyboard and my Blues Jr mic'd and through a mixer to two powered JBL PA speakers. We'll play the bass, lead guitar and drums un-mic'd but the guitar and bass will have bigger amps. I'm sure we'll get it sorted out properly but just won't know for sure till game time. Part of the fun, I guess!