View post (Thank you Guitartricks.com)

View thread

hrandersoniii
hrandersoniii
02/04/2011 3:53 pm
I just wanted to let you all know. I am 43 years old. I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar since I was a child. I've never really had the time nor the patience because of the way some teachers want to rush things.
A few years back, I was diagnosed with end stage diabetes along with several other factors that took my ability to work out of the picture. I've since had to learn patience for things and time is now a major abundance.
I got a Copely Acoustic for Christmas (real nice deal $20 from a friend of my son's who was going to pawn it) and it needed some new strings. I did an online search for an online guitar tuner. Well one site lead me to another and finally led me here.
I played around with some of the free lessons that Lisa McCormick has up there and found her instructing so nice and easy, I started strumming and hand picking in no time.
A few more days into the lessons and I decided I wanted more. That's when I decided to join guitartricks.com.
Well another thanks to Christopher Schlegel, I found myself in a pawn shop picking up myself an Axl Strat type and a Peavey amp. Another great deal as the whole package for the two was $118. The Guitar is in almost mint shape and sells for $125+ alone. All I needed was something to get me started in that area.
Got the electric home, made sure it was all nice and polished and tuned up. Hit up the tutorials from Christopher Schlegel and by the end of a few hours, he had me hitting out some simple melodies like House of the Rising Sun and a few others! AWESOME! I can FINALLY start hitting some songs on the guitar!
I am looking forward to learning from these other instructors as well and have shown some of my son's friends these lessons and hopefully they will sign on as well!
Thanks again Guitartricks.com. You've made an old man very happy again!

Howard Anderson