View post (Share Your Stage Embarassment!)

View thread

JonChorba
JonChorba
12/02/2010 2:42 am
Share some stories about some embarrassing things that have happened to you on stage! This should be fun!

For me:

I was 16, playing my first gig ever and my band was playing a birthday party. We were in the middle of playing "Shimmer" and for reasons unknown to me, my guitar goes completely out of tune halfway through the intro, where it's just guitar and vocals. I vividly remember people in the crowd looking around like, "what in the name of god are they playing?"

I was playing at Seacrets in Ocean City, MD. Very nice and big venue, great crowd. If you've ever been there, you know they have a big jumboscreen behind the stage and the staff film the band and the crowd during performances. Well, big spotlight on me for my solo...camera's on me...and the screw that holds my strap lock system in, apparently came undone and my guitar comes crashing to the ground! What a phenomenal sound that made!

My brother has to win the gold medal though. Running off the stage in the middle of the song because he got the runs!
Looking for Guitar Lesson in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? Check out my Guitar Lessons In Arlington website!