dolphin like sound on the guitar!!!

vy
vy
02/16/2002 7:29 pm
hey guys
i have been playing wierd sounds on the guitar for a long time now so let me share one small tick with you
to get a sound like a whale just do this
connect your wah pedal completely other way round ie. input in amp socket and vice-versa and now try pushing the pedal
up and down you will get a dolphin like or a whale like cry
hope you like it
for more wierd sounds visit my website http://www.vytabs.8k.com
you will find heaps of wierd sounds and a e-book that i wrote
so
keep rocking guys

visit my site to learn wierd sounds
with sound samples played by me and also get accurate transcriptions of satriani and vai
http://www.vytabs.8k.com
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
02/17/2002 2:19 am
Not the most versatile sound, but a goodie, that I certainly think has some nice uses. Anyone who tries this and is skeptical about how useful such a sound is, listen to Hendrix's "1983... A Merman I Should Turn to Be" on his Electric Ladyland album. There are some sounds in the middle section that sound to me like he eitherr uses this wah technique, or he uses a slide above the pickups with his bridge pickup selected.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2
themr_man
themr_man
02/17/2002 2:23 am
Do you mean push the wah pedal up and down the room, or up and down with my foot?

A bad joke i know, sorry.....but try an e h micro synth it is way weird i love em. (just wish i could afford one!)

# 3
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
02/17/2002 2:25 pm
hmmm, I make whale noise, which sound very cool... but i use a microphone (more importantly the feed back from it) and a metal bin and loads of reverb.... not very complicated i know, but some great sounds... hehehe... oh yeah, you have to turn the treble right down or you get and ear piercing whistle... it can make some other non whale like noises, like you get a very fast tapping sound that's strangly melodic...
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.