View post (Ready to Play Some Songs)

View thread

Bonafan1
Bonafan1
11/22/2010 6:39 pm
I am almost finished with GF 2...just starting the section on Barre Chords. I've really been trying to be patient and focus on technique and other than a couple songs here (Me and Bobby McGee and House of the Rising Son) I've stayed away from songs.

I really would like to start playing some songs (I have an acoustic guitar, like mostly classic rock, but also James Taylor, John Denver, Dylan, Neil Young etc) but am at a bit of a less where to go next. The lessons on this site have been excellent, but if I go into the next sections (acoustic, blues etc) it looks to be mostly technique. Again, this is great and I will spend time there, but I need to supplement it with some songs at this stage.

I bought Acoustic Guitar Songs for Dummies today but that still seems a bit overwhelming for me and the internet probably has lots of good stuff, but I feel like I am looking for a needle in a hat stack.

Anyone have specific ideas on where I can grab some songs that I may be ready for that also fit into the music I like? Other comments or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.