Ready to Play Some Songs

Bonafan1
Bonafan1
11/22/2010 6:39 pm
I am almost finished with GF 2...just starting the section on Barre Chords. I've really been trying to be patient and focus on technique and other than a couple songs here (Me and Bobby McGee and House of the Rising Son) I've stayed away from songs.

I really would like to start playing some songs (I have an acoustic guitar, like mostly classic rock, but also James Taylor, John Denver, Dylan, Neil Young etc) but am at a bit of a less where to go next. The lessons on this site have been excellent, but if I go into the next sections (acoustic, blues etc) it looks to be mostly technique. Again, this is great and I will spend time there, but I need to supplement it with some songs at this stage.

I bought Acoustic Guitar Songs for Dummies today but that still seems a bit overwhelming for me and the internet probably has lots of good stuff, but I feel like I am looking for a needle in a hat stack.

Anyone have specific ideas on where I can grab some songs that I may be ready for that also fit into the music I like? Other comments or thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
# 1
DaCuda
DaCuda
11/23/2010 4:11 am
songsterr.com was recommended to me. I am going to go about it the way you are but I am only on GF1 at the moment. If you get a chance to review GF2 for us new guys please do. I am curious about how long it takes and how difficult its going to be.
# 2
SandyBeach
SandyBeach
11/23/2010 4:28 am
edit ...
where is the previous post I answered? *insert confused emoticon
# 3
dougjt
dougjt
11/23/2010 8:29 am
Google

Easy songs for acoustic guitar

You will find tons and tons
# 4
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/24/2010 6:50 pm
I used to work at a music store in Indiana that sold "EZ Guitar Books;" music books that featured easy version of modern songs for beginners. These sold very well, and below are some links to where you can find some of those on Amazon.com. There may be more sources, but this will certainly help. The series is called "EZ Play Guitar."

EZ Play on Amazong
Douglas Showalter
# 5
froggy62
froggy62
12/02/2010 2:30 am
I want to learn some basic songs and am only just leaving Fundementals 2 I am really looking for real simple songs just to get more constructive practice switching cords. In song lessons I found a 1 guitar level of skill Wild Thing and knowing the Afamily Chords of A D E I was able to click with this lesson. I also took a lesszon from Lisa McCormick on Spider fingers which will really help with my changes switching faster and such.
does any one know the tabs for Louie Louie cause it sounds a heck of a lot in part to Wild thing.
# 6
Dan Acheron
Dan Acheron
12/03/2010 4:11 pm
There are many easy songs for guitar. I recommend doing a search but one easy one I can think of on the top of my head is knocking on heavens door. Its really easy and only a few chords.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.