bass tricks - anyone interested

Jazzmcs
Jazzmcs
02/15/2002 4:52 pm
I would like to contribute some tricks I have picked up for the bass. I have absorbed and created many cool styles from the likes of Victor Wooten, John Patitucci, and guitarists like Steve Vai. Thus I am not exactly what you'd call your typical bass player. If anyone is interested in expanding the site to include a bass section please contact me.
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/18/2002 3:29 am
I've thought about that myself, but I have no means to record myself so I haven't put it forth to Jon.

I think it could be a good addition to the site - be it guitaarists who need to fill in on bass or "born native" bass players who don't want to play root note basslines for the rest of their lives.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
guitarist101
GT Instructor
guitarist101
GT Instructor
03/01/2002 6:35 pm
Send in your bass tricks. There is a link to becoming a "guest host" on the front page. That'd be the best way to find out how it sounds to all the guesthosts (and Jon).
# 3
FrissonFactor
FrissonFactor
06/21/2011 6:01 pm
I would love it a lot if there was a bass section! I've been trying to apply what I learn at guitar tricks to my bass as well, but if there is a better way (as in a bass section) that would be so useful and extremely appreciated!
# 4
Ju
Ju
09/09/2011 7:59 pm
As a novice bass player, I would love to see bass lessons added to the site. I realize that there is a lot of excellent information that crosses over from the guitar instruction, but without a basic foundation it's difficult to apply the information in useful way.

If we could get a solid foundation in the specifics for the bass, then I think many of the guitar lessons would be easier to apply.

Please consider adding bass instruction to the curriculum. I would sign up for the yearly subscription in a heartbeat if you committed to including bass instruction. I think there are many other fan members of the "low end" who would join in as well.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.