New song lesson "Backwater"-Meat Puppets

Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
10/26/2010 6:21 pm
Ready to get grunge-ay? "Backwater" by The Meat Puppets is now in our songs section. Grab your flannel and don't worry about showering! Your lesson is about to begin:

http://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=1041
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 1
ericdelmermillen
ericdelmermillen
07/22/2016 1:26 pm
Really disappointed by the tutorials for the solos for this song; they are incredibly fast in the song and the instructor barely breaks them down for you. No slow examples, not talking you through the rhythmic features of the solos and no mention of up/down strokes. on top of all that, the sheet music is inaccurate; beyond the first solo, everything is between 20-50% wrong on the sheet music. been working on the solos sections for 2 weeks now and am only starting to get a handle on the second solo now. Much less a tutorial than a talk-y demonstration done at full speed

I love this site overall but don't know why they have to make the most complicated tutorials extra short. This one in particular feels like they were in a rush to slap it up on the website.
# 2
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
07/22/2016 7:53 pm
I'm not seeing a [U]new[/U] Backwater lesson in the Songs list. The lesson referenced in this thread is just short of six years old and has a very low Difficulty rating (two guitars). It makes me wonder if I'm looking at the same song lesson as the one you're working on.

Regardless - approaches, methods, and techniques change over time. IMO, the standards set by currently produced lessons show improvement over the older lessons. I certainly see no evidence of rushed-to-post song lessons.

GT encourages posting of corrections and contributing accurate notation is appreciated by all of us. It's my perception that corrections are posted fairly quickly so if you see some errors send in the corrections before I start working on the song. :D
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 3
pattyb5
pattyb5
07/24/2016 11:57 am
Originally Posted by: ericdelmermillenReally disappointed by the tutorials for the solos for this song; they are incredibly fast in the song and the instructor barely breaks them down for you. No slow examples, not talking you through the rhythmic features of the solos and no mention of up/down strokes. on top of all that, the sheet music is inaccurate; beyond the first solo, everything is between 20-50% wrong on the sheet music. been working on the solos sections for 2 weeks now and am only starting to get a handle on the second solo now. Much less a tutorial than a talk-y demonstration done at full speed

I love this site overall but don't know why they have to make the most complicated tutorials extra short. This one in particular feels like they were in a rush to slap it up on the website.

Yea, I remember browsing over that lesson, and kinda came to the same conclusion. That being said, the point about it being an older lesson is a valid one. Overall, I find that Douglas does an excellent job on song lessons. My guess is if this was done today it would look a bit different.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.