View post (Pedal Boards.)

View thread

Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
07/19/2010 6:25 pm
I'm also on the pedal train (haha). I checked on the price of powered pedal boards, and they ran very expensive. Couple hundred+ at least at Long & McQuade where I was looking.

A non-powered pedal board is simply a metal frame with velcro on it. Cheap versions I saw for $80 are this, plus a bag to carry it in. More expensive versions are like a suitcase sort of thing. Still basically a structure with velcro, but has a hard case that fits over it. Kind of like an upside down suitcase. These were close to $200.

I'm opting to build a "suitcase" version like that, cause that's what I like to do.

For power, I will be using a Dunlop DC Brick. I recently purchased one and it's just great. 7x 9v outputs + 3x 18v. It protects the pedals with a steady power supply protected from spikes, and will shut down if a pedal shorts out. This cost me $135 CDN, and I don't regret it. It has eliminated my wall warts (adapters), tidied things up nicely, and I don't have to add the cost of non-supplied adapters to any new pedals I buy.

If you don't mind dealing with all those wall warts you could opt for a good powerstrip for maybe $30.

If you go that way, you could get the pedalboard + powerstrip and total out around $100?
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.