View post (Looking for advise on new amp)

View thread

dougjt
dougjt
04/30/2010 2:31 am
I had bought a ibanez g10 and a 15 watt peavey modeling amp about 2 years ago and decided I was going to learn to play guitar. Well needless to say I got hooked big time and have out grown my setup. Personally I love my guitar I sounds pretty good and stays in tune but I can never get the tone i want out of my amp and it doesn't play backing tracks.
I have learned using this site outside of some occasional live lessons at my music store to keep me in the right direction. My level I would say is a bit beyond absolute beginner ish and my style is ? well don't really have one yet. I like anything from bluesy southern rock, Classic Rock to metal and everything in between.
My goal is to if I can, is to either stream from my puter or load some of the backing tracks off this site into an amp so I can play along with the lessons. I have done some homework and looked at a few amps mainly the peavey's and line6 it seems to me peavey is probably better. Buget is low less than 500, But it is strictly for practice at home and I have to keep it down a bit for my neighbors sake.
Thanks,
Doug