recording on the computer

oldral2002
oldral2002
01/30/2002 5:38 pm
i've got my minidisc into the computer so that u can play it on the speakers (audio input). i can't record it with any of my programs (windows audio recorder and a professional thing) it just won't pick it up ,it may be that i'm telling it to read the wrong signal, give me some help i don't know a thing about computers.

:(

# 1
ZackyH
ZackyH
01/31/2002 7:09 pm
Goto the bottom right corner of your computer where it has all of those icons. Double click on the yellow speaker. Goto Options ----> Properties. Make sure Line-IN has a check box. Click on the Recording circle and click OK. Make sure that there is a check box in Line In in the new box that comes up for Recording things.

Ok, goto the back of your computer. The audio out that is going to your speakers. Take that out and plug it into Line In on the back of your soundcard. You're set to record. Download Cool Edit . Use this program to record your audio from Line In.

Press record on Cool Edit. Set up the audio you want if that option comes up. Click play on whatever program you're using to play the minidisks.

When you're finished just plug the cord back to your speakers. After one month you can't do anything anymore because of the 1 month free trial of Cool Edit :(

There is another way to do this with a different sound program that doesn't require the removal of cords from the back of the computer. Sadly, I don't know the name of it.
# 2
ZackyH
ZackyH
01/31/2002 7:12 pm
Wait, i misunderstood one thing. You already have that minidisk player plugged into your sound card. I thought you plugged it in a different way where the minidisk player was a drive on your computer. If that is the case then all you have to do is that "Yellow Speaker" thing and use that professional program you were talking about.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.