got a new guitar

Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
03/23/2010 3:42 pm
So I got a new electric and now I dont care too much for my other one. Im sure thats normal but have you found that you neglect others when you get something that feels better? I dont think Ill sell the Ibanez for the fact that it has 2 humbuckers and the current ( fender strat.. american standard :O) ) has 3 single coils so they both offer different sounds. However, I just dont really like the feel of the ibanez anymore.....the fender has a coated maple neck and so smooth .....like butter. The ibanez has a rosewood neck....not so smooth at all...and its not a crap guitar either! Havent checked but seems like the frets are higher too. I just love the strat.....went with the sienna burst...its so sweet!
# 1
Lilbiker
Strung Out
Lilbiker
Strung Out
03/23/2010 4:25 pm
Pictures would be nice!!! I had an acoustic and just bought an electric, which is just a Fender knock off but sounds really good considering. I am partial to the Fenders, but it would be nice to have Humbuckers also. I don't pick up the acoustic near as much as I do the electric as it is more comfortable to play.

Two different animals, kinda but yes I could see that happening, and you will probably play better and learn more if the guitar just feels right, natural in your hands. Don't feel bad but certainly I wouldn't sell the Ibanez unless money was an object, just make it point to pick it up every so often to keep it from growing moss.

Jaime
# 2
Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
03/23/2010 4:34 pm
growing moss....lolol thats pretty funny. Yeah Im trying to figure out how to post pics in a thread. Or does it have to be a link to somewhere?
# 3
Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
03/23/2010 4:40 pm
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3360280&id=557551138

not sure if that will work but its a try....the pic is a little out of focus but its both my electrics.
# 4
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
03/23/2010 6:26 pm
Ha, I go thru the same thing. Everytime I get a new guitar it's the Best Thing Ever! :)

I also got an American Strat recently and it's all I've been playing. Mine does have the RW fretboard, but I guess I am used to that. Funny thing is I had a Squier Strat that I gave away to my Dad a few months ago. I am no gear snob, but there is something about this Strat that speaks to me when the Squier didn't. It's not the name, just something different. I think even though Leo left the company long before he died, some of his spirit stayed in the design. I just love it to death and I'd have to say that I am, overall, a humbucker kind of guy.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 5
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/23/2010 6:43 pm
That is honestly the beauty of it all. Every guitar brings to the table something unique and different. Trust me, we all go though it. Each instrument allows us to speak in a very different way, and that is perfectly OK and normal.

Enjoy all your guitars and work to make great music on all of them! :D
Douglas Showalter
# 6
SlickString
Full Access
SlickString
Full Access
03/23/2010 8:10 pm
Originally Posted by: Razbo I am no gear snob, but there is something about this Strat that speaks to me when the Squier didn't. It's not the name, just something different.

Careful there Razbo!

I love my Fender American Std Strat too Itsmesilly. Mine has the rosewood fretboard. I bet the day will come when you'll rediscover the Ibanez's qualities, but if you don't just say goodbye, it served you well up to this point :eek:
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Youtube Channel - Jim47ww[/FONT]
# 7
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
03/23/2010 11:22 pm
Hope you aren't taking it the wrong way. The music store where I sometimes hang is full of gear snobs. Some were busy crapping about Strats when I was buying mine. Classy. :p

[EDIT]
I think the issue with the Squier Strat was the neck. It has a poly coating not the satin finish the Fender Strat has. I found I stuck to it :D Sound-wise, I still might even have a preference for the Squier, so it's not a brand thing. :)

Anyway, my Dad loves it, and says he plays it every day.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 8
JeffS65
JeffS65
03/24/2010 2:19 am
I agree with the assessments about a new favorite and that the old will come back around...I switch all the time depending on my mood. The Strat..or the Gibson...hmmmm....I just look and decide at that moment. At least for me, It depends on what I'm in the mood to play that helps me. I love how both my guitars play. However, that doesn't mean that I'm not prone to add another and update my current ones.

Guitar=crack....
# 9
Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
03/24/2010 12:14 pm
yeah I wont be getting another guitar any time soon. That was a pretty penny right there so I am good for a while....my GAS will just have to deal with itself! lol
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.