Here is a brand new tune.

Twangerdanger
Twangerdanger
01/16/2010 10:18 pm
I just finished this tune. I played all of the instruments and recorded it here in my bedroom. It's not mixed too well and needs mastering.

What do you think so far?

Here is the link:

http://www.atlanticplumbing.net/telewanger.mp3
# 1
JeffS65
JeffS65
01/16/2010 11:52 pm
Originally Posted by: TwangerdangerI just finished this tune. I played all of the instruments and recorded it here in my bedroom. It's not mixed too well and needs mastering.

What do you think so far?

Here is the link:

http://www.atlanticplumbing.net/telewanger.mp3

It was really quite good. Very nice and melodic and I found it pleasant. A tune with that kind of laid back deal should elicit that 'pleasant' kind of deal.

One thing I found a little thrown off by was the total stop of all accompaniment during the cycling of the main musical interlude. It feels very abrupt in such a smooth tune and feels out of place and that it repeats that after each cycle of that interlude kind of pulls me out of the song each time it occurs. Just my opinion but I would think that at the exit of each cycle, allowing the bass to resolve to an open, sustained note to lead to the next cycle would give it continuity.

It is really nice and I dig it. Good work.
# 2
Twangerdanger
Twangerdanger
01/17/2010 12:06 am
Originally Posted by: JeffS65It was really quite good. Very nice and melodic and I found it pleasant. A tune with that kind of laid back deal should elicit that 'pleasant' kind of deal.

One thing I found a little thrown off by was the total stop of all accompaniment during the cycling of the main musical interlude. It feels very abrupt in such a smooth tune and feels out of place and that it repeats that after each cycle of that interlude kind of pulls me out of the song each time it occurs. Just my opinion but I would think that at the exit of each cycle, allowing the bass to resolve to an open, sustained note to lead to the next cycle would give it continuity.

It is really nice and I dig it. Good work.

That is something to think about. I want to make sure everything is fine before I do any more mixing on it. I will add in some bass at those spots and see what happens. One thing that I try my best to do is, not to do what people expect me to do, or how a song has been done again and again. I get so tired of the music mill songs on the radio. You always know what's coming next in the song.

Thanks!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.