ok. here's fast

kristian
kristian
01/21/2002 12:29 am
ok frenchie, i agree that eric johnson aint that fast. but what do you think about nuno bettencourt. the guy is fast and clean. nevermind what he did in flight of the wounded bumblebee. how about midnight express, unconditionally, play with me...etc. no one also mentioned acoustic greats such as al dimeola and paco de lucia. paco is sooo fast, and he's not even using a pick!! youve got to admit that is impressive
# 1
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
01/21/2002 7:27 pm
Originally posted by kristian
ok frenchie, i agree that eric johnson aint that fast. but what do you think about nuno bettencourt. the guy is fast and clean. nevermind what he did in flight of the wounded bumblebee. how about midnight express, unconditionally, play with me...etc. no one also mentioned acoustic greats such as al dimeola and paco de lucia. paco is sooo fast, and he's not even using a pick!! youve got to admit that is impressive

If I take away the insulting tone of your post, I have to admit you have a semi-point(in the 'wounded' nuno uses a delay, which makes him sound twice faster by the way). I still think that nuno is fast, paco and Al are fast, (as their friend you left out, Mc Laughlin) But paco is using flamenco technique, which is known for its impressive speed and percussive quality.

But all the guys that were posted in this thread beat all the ones you mention hands down. We're not talking about talent here, or songcraft. JUST PLAIN TASTELESS SPEED. Good night...
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.