Hi, new guy here

Wurlakin
Wurlakin
12/27/2009 6:36 pm
I started playing guitar (an Alvarez Regent) back in 1987 or 88, I guess. Dad took me down to the music store and announced that I was to have lessons. I was a bit miffed at having had no say in the matter, but of course it was quite a gift to give to me.

I spent the next 20 or so years in an on-again, off-again relationship with my guitars and have recently decided to get back to the basics and cover some technical ground I never really did cover thoroughly enough, which brings me here. I've just transitioned into electric and will be sniffing around for equipment recommendations, explanations, etc. It's a whole new world compared to the "grab and go" simplicity of an acoustic!

Musical styles and tastes: primarily classical to date and general fingerstyle, looking to branch out into electric blues and rock. I'll be satisfied once I can credibly imitate SRV and David Gilmour. :D
# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
12/27/2009 9:23 pm
Originally Posted by: Wurlakin I'll be satisfied once I can credibly imitate SRV and David Gilmour. :D

You and me both. Welcome to the forums!
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/28/2009 5:11 am
Feel free to post any questions you have in regards to lessons, and also; don't forget about the ASK forums located at the bottom. You can communicate directly with the instructors whom do the lessons. If you can't find one, feel free to post any questions you have or send private messages and someone will get back with you shortly.

Best of luck and welcome to GT!!!! ;)
Douglas Showalter
# 3
Wurlakin
Wurlakin
12/28/2009 2:52 pm
Thanks, guys. So far I'm enjoying the forum and the lessons. (Douglas, I especially enjoy your breakdown of Dust in the Wind.)

I'm tinkering around with scales and PC recording lately. Reaper is such an awesome program..I can see a high addiction potential!

Good luck to the other newbies, too.
# 4
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/28/2009 3:44 pm
Thanks for the compliment! I have other songs lessons up as well at the links below;

Blind Melon - No Rain
- http://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=766

Judas Priest - Living After Midnight
- http://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=874

Keep up the good work and best of luck into the New Year! :eek:
Douglas Showalter
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.