Trying to get good clean tone!

Twangerdanger
Twangerdanger
11/21/2009 6:23 am
Hey,

Just wandering what you think of this clean tone?

Please check out the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iaD8XGHSc0

I like the second one better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7xA7fn_gc
# 1
chrisweyers
chrisweyers
11/21/2009 9:57 am
IMO, it's perfect for the first half. The tone and the rhythm/melody all work very well together. I don't get the same feeling from it when you switch to playing lead. I'm trying to pin down exactly what it is about it, but I can't seem to figure it out. It just doesn't seem mesh as well as the first half. But in the end, what matters is how you feel about it.

Nice little piece, too!
# 2
Twangerdanger
Twangerdanger
11/21/2009 3:47 pm
Originally Posted by: chrisweyersIMO, it's perfect for the first half. The tone and the rhythm/melody all work very well together. I don't get the same feeling from it when you switch to playing lead. I'm trying to pin down exactly what it is about it, but I can't seem to figure it out. It just doesn't seem mesh as well as the first half. But in the end, what matters is how you feel about it.

Nice little piece, too!

Thanks,

I will try it again later today and see what happens!
# 3
Twangerdanger
Twangerdanger
11/22/2009 3:17 pm
Thanks,

I appreciate your comments.

Everyone says this sounds like the 80's. Some people on other guitar forums love it and want to know how I get the sound, and some say it sounds really chessy and stupid. It cost me a lot of money to sound this chessy. I will start a new post on what era of guitar tones do you guys like the best. I must be stuck on 80's tones for some reason.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.