Incomplete videos

rantu
rantu
11/10/2009 6:54 pm
Hi
I am going through the Blues 1 tutorial and I am finding incomplete video lessons. It is really frustrating. For example take "12 Bar Blues Using Power Chords Lesson 1" by Chris. It ends abruptly where Chris seems to start explaining how to play the power chords.
Same with
PlayingWithFeelLesson1 - Chapter 4 lesson 1
Str8vSwng1Compare - Chapter 4 lesson 2
Etc

Please fix these and alert me asap.
Please go through all the lessons in Blues 1 and Blues 2 and make sure they work.
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
11/10/2009 8:41 pm
On 12 Bar Blues Using Power Chords Lesson 1:

http://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=11661&c_id=4&ch_id=19&s_id=544

He introduces the topic in Lesson 1 and splits the video (I agree, rather abruptly) to put the actual lesson info into Lesson 2. So it is acting the it is supposed to, he just isn't making it clear what is going on and it seems to end abruptly.

One thing: hit the "NEXT" button to get to lesson 2 of that section, don't just click the lesson title links on the right hand side, that just gives you the first lesson of every series, not every lesson.

Better?
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
rantu
rantu
11/11/2009 1:02 pm
OK - I will check that
What about
# 3
rantu
rantu
11/12/2009 2:45 pm
Hello
I am waiting for a reply on my previous post.

Thanks
Deb
# 4
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
11/12/2009 10:18 pm
I thought this was solution to your problem:

hit the "NEXT" button to get to lesson 2 of that section, don't just click the lesson title links on the right hand side, that just gives you the first lesson of every series, not every lesson.

Did you try that?
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 5
rantu
rantu
11/16/2009 11:35 am
Yes I tried that and I always choose a lesson from the main index - I open it up in a new window so no confusion between Next and Right hand menu.

Did you try what I asked you look at?
Did you look at these two lessons ? in Blues 1 course

These two lessons are also truncated. They stop in between.
Please get back on this asap.

Thanks
Deb
# 6
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/16/2009 1:26 pm
Originally Posted by: rantuPlayingWithFeelLesson1 - Chapter 4 lesson 1 ...

Thanks
Deb

I did this lesson. It is not truncated. It looks as if I am about to say something at the end of lesson 1, but that was just poorly edited at the end. It looks as if I am about to go into some other topic, but I am not. I should have cut and faded the raw footage a little sooner.

That is The End of the Lesson.

Witness the title screen occur after I fade out. That is how I was finishing lessons in 2008 with that camera and software. You can safely navigate to the next lesson without missing any material:

Playing with Feel: Straight versus Swing Rhythm Lesson 2
http://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=11727

I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused here.

I can't speak for Lisa' lesson "Play With Feel", but it looks to me as if it is complete. Again, witness the end title screen.

Hope this info helps.
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 7
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
11/16/2009 3:57 pm
Originally Posted by: rantu

Please fix these and alert me asap.
Please go through all the lessons in Blues 1 and Blues 2 and make sure they work.

Wow aren't you demaning. Being polite and asking nice goes a long way in life.
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 8
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
11/16/2009 11:08 pm
Originally Posted by: rantuYes I tried that and I always choose a lesson from the main index - I open it up in a new window so no confusion between Next and Right hand menu.

Did you try what I asked you look at?
Did you look at these two lessons ? in Blues 1 course

Thanks
Deb

Deb,
The main index only points you to the first video in each chapter, not all the videos. You need to hit the "next" button once you get to the lesson interface. Each course has over 100 videos.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 9
rantu
rantu
11/19/2009 8:22 pm
I am sorry if that sounded demanding - I did not mean it that way

I take lots of pain downloading every video from my office when no one is around and then try to learn going back home on my laptop. My home connectivity is not that fast.

So when I cannot learn I get a little frustrated. I guess thats how the tutorials are so I will leave it here.

I will only give a feed back that I did not find the part 1 of the blues tutorial very nicely arranged. I wanted to learn very very badly but some how I am loosing interest from one lesson to another.
I always take example of Lisas Aquastic Finger Picking lessons - they are so nicely arranged one after another - and I think the same instructor makes a difference too. If it was Chris or Lisa all along probably it would have been better arranged. Or for that matter any other instructor.

Any way sorry again if my words were not polite.
# 10
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/21/2009 6:24 am
Originally Posted by: rantuI am sorry if that sounded demanding - I did not mean it that way

No worries. The situation you describe does sound frustrating (downloading at work, keeping everything organized for learning offline).

As far as the structure of the course, did you find you were able to navigate correctly once you hit the NEXT button each time? If you do that, that then download each video in order you might have an easier time of it. Because, then they will be saved in a folder on your laptop in chronological order of download. You could even name them yourself. But if you just download them as is in order, you can then open the folder they are in, then, click on the "Date Modified" column heading and it will sort it for you in order.

Make sense? Hope this helps!
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 11
rantu
rantu
12/03/2009 7:21 am
Chris
I canceled my membership as I was not being able to utilize the tutorials at all. They do not follow each other and it is all to mixed up. Sometimes the instructor says that "Next we are going to learn so and so" and then - bam - the next lesson is by a different instructor. May be I am making some mistake here. Can you clarify something

1. How many videos are there in the complete Blues1 and Blues2 tutorials ?. I got 29 videos for Blues1 and 27 for Blues2 - so that is a video per lesson. Is that right or there are more ? Is there more than one video per lesson ?

2. Instructors keep changing with every lesson - is that right ? Or I am making some mistake ?

I really want to join back and keep learning - but the current set of videos I have downloaded are so non continuous with each other that I am not being able to learn at all.

Please help
Thanks
Deb
# 12
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/03/2009 1:56 pm
I think all this can be cleared up if you look above the video player on the lesson pages and see the navigation buttons that are red rectangles with white text that read NEXT and PREVIOUS.
Originally Posted by: rantu1. How many videos are there in the complete Blues1 and Blues2 tutorials ?[/quote]
Over 100.
Originally Posted by: rantuI got 29 videos for Blues1 and 27 for Blues2 - so that is a video per lesson. Is that right or there are more ? Is there more than one video per lesson ?

You counted only 29 because you are only counting and looking at the first lesson in each chapter. You have to click the next button to see all the lessons in the course.

When you click begin course you went to the first lesson of the first chapter. The if you click on the right hand Course Menu navigation link you will go to the first lesson of the second chapter. You will miss all the other five lessons in chapter one!
[QUOTE=rantu]Instructors keep changing with every lesson - is that right ? Or I am making some mistake ?

Instructors sometimes change with every chapter. Once a chapter starts the same instructor will show you all the material in a chapter. Have a look at this image and please hit the NEXT button! :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 13
rantu
rantu
12/03/2009 2:52 pm
God! What a mess - I misunderstood the "next button" thing even though you had mentioned it previously. What happened is this - one lesson must have had only one chapter within it somewhere in the tutorials - I had pressed the Next button and had landed in the next lesson and I had thought "next button" takes you to the next lesson; Chris must be saying something else. But now I know when you say 100 videos.

Thanks Chris
Its all because of trying to do things "under cover" at work with small windows! :)

I will restart my membership.
# 14
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/04/2009 2:39 pm
Originally Posted by: rantuI misunderstood the "next button" thing even though you had mentioned it previously.

No problem. So we are all good, then, yeah?! :)

You are welcome. Hope you start to enjoy your GT subscription.
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.