Progress report

Dirty Bill
Dirty Bill
10/12/2009 3:03 pm
Well,in the short time I have been signed up here,I have learned a lot about Blues,and amps and guitars. Slow hand Blues(always capitalize Blues) is what I want to eventually learn.

So,far I've got some callouses started on my fingers,I have learned some scales,I can play some chords better than I used too,and I learned some new ones.

I have a handle on the slow Blues in G by Doug Fearman, I think I will be able to make it sound right pretty soon.

I got all of this for 12.95 a month,and I really was skeptical when I joined. How cool is that ..... :D :cool:

Always capitalize "BLUES"

# 1
Razbo
Full Access
Razbo
Full Access
10/12/2009 4:38 pm
Progress is great, congrats! Past progress is a good thing to remember on those days when you feel like you've hit a wall, too. Just think back on where you were weeks or months ago.
...so ever since then, I always hang on to the buckle.
# 2
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/12/2009 6:32 pm
Congratulations Bill! Practice is often one of those things that is overlooked all too often. If you play every day, even if it is only for a few minutes; you can't help but be better. It's completely guaranteed that you will progress. You are truly seeing the results of that and I and the rest of the Guitar Tricks team extend their congratulations.

As far as calluses, remember that playing the guitar is a physical feat; much like being an athlete. You are utilizing your hands and arms unlike any other motion you normally do. It boils down to muscle memory and no age, size of hands, or mental capacity has much to do with it. The key is to fall in love with the process and it sounds like you are doing so. Enjoy the journey and keep us updated on your progress.

Good luck!
Douglas Showalter
# 3
Dirty Bill
Dirty Bill
10/12/2009 11:53 pm
Originally Posted by: Douglas ShowalterCongratulations Bill! Practice is often one of those things that is overlooked all too often. If you play every day, even if it is only for a few minutes; you can't help but be better. It's completely guaranteed that you will progress. You are truly seeing the results of that and I and the rest of the Guitar Tricks team extend their congratulations.

As far as calluses, remember that playing the guitar is a physical feat; much like being an athlete. You are utilizing your hands and arms unlike any other motion you normally do. It boils down to muscle memory and no age, size of hands, or mental capacity has much to do with it. The key is to fall in love with the process and it sounds like you are doing so. Enjoy the journey and keep us updated on your progress.

Good luck!

Thanks,that really makes me feel good about my learning.. :D :cool:

Thanks to all of the instructors too..... :D :cool:

Always capitalize "BLUES"

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.