Video Player Issue

noiseexpo
noiseexpo
10/06/2009 12:07 am
I am having a randomly reoccurring issue with the video player. Occasionally I will hit the play button on a video and nothing will happen. The background in the video player remains white and nothing loads. Eventually the play button will appear at the bottom of the window again, but once this happens the video will do the same thing repeatedly (not play). The only solution I've found is to refresh the entire page; sometimes the video will play after the refresh and sometimes the same issue will occur.

I have the same issue on multiple computers, on both Vista and XP, using IE 6, 8, and FireFox. I am using the latest flash version, I've cleared my browser cache, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash. I have only used the site for one day, so I can't say that it is a continuous issue. However, it's an awfully frustrating one.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue?
:confused:
# 1
SlickString
Full Access
SlickString
Full Access
10/06/2009 9:34 am
I sometimes get this and it seems to happen when the site/internet is busy like in the evenings. Maybe it's because download speeds are reduced? At these times I often pause the video just after pressing play and then wait for the video to buffer to at least 50% before I press play again. This seems to help and is only a pain if you're jumping between videos looking for something.

Just my experience. I hope this helps.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Youtube Channel - Jim47ww[/FONT]
# 2
noiseexpo
noiseexpo
10/06/2009 3:01 pm
Thanks for the tip. When the issue happened this morning I tried pausing right after I hit play, but the downloading just doesn't start. I can hit play/pause over and over and nothing happens at all.

I'm pretty sure that this is a bug with the player or the page since the only way I can get the video to play is to completely refresh the page.

While the issue was occurring this morning, I opened a new browser session and went to the same URL and mysteriously the video started playing without a problem. I had one page loaded in IE 8 that wouldn't play at all, and the same page loaded in a different browser session (still IE 8) that had no problems.

Anyone have any other thoughts on this?
# 3
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
10/06/2009 7:01 pm
I will look into this. Does it seem to be an IE issue or do people experience it with Firefox as well?

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
noiseexpo
noiseexpo
10/06/2009 7:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Jon BroderickI will look into this. Does it seem to be an IE issue or do people experience it with Firefox as well?

Jon

Hi Jon. Thanks for your help. I have the issue with both FireFox 3 and IE 6 & 8.
# 5
buffy136
buffy136
10/17/2009 12:18 pm
I also have this problem..only here on GT..on my other sites no problem at all .I am not only on this site I also have other guitar site..and there is one that I thought we had great upload time , but they went and transferred there video to a top-tier content delivery network..the servers able to send out data faster= faster video REALLY faster video upload..and route them trough quicker net work...the difference is WOW...here I know it is not my high speed...it has to be the delivery network..but hey I love the instructors here so I am more then willing to wait for the uploads even if it is fustrating
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.