Ok,say I do learn..

Dirty Bill
Dirty Bill
10/04/2009 8:46 pm
Say I do learn to play the blues guitar,and eventually end up knowing a fair amount of songs. Other than amusing myself,what do i do with my new skill? Just hypothetical of course..I might not ever get to that level... :rolleyes: :cool:

Always capitalize "BLUES"

# 1
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
10/04/2009 10:43 pm
Here's what I do:
jam with friends, keep challenging yourself and learning new stuff, go perform live at an open mic or at a bbq, take your guitar to the beach and pick up on chicks/impress your mate if you're already taken, entertain family-show off your new skills, pick up your spirits when your down by picking up your guitar and expressing with all those bluesy skills you learned on Guitar Tricks, write songs and add bass, drums and vocals, make a fun video and write your own soundtrack to it(doesn't take much), teach someone you like, to play guitar.
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 2
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/04/2009 11:00 pm
blues and blues-rock is a powerful genre for the guitar........have fun.....
All the best....
Doug
# 3
Dirty Bill
Dirty Bill
10/05/2009 1:21 am
Originally Posted by: Neal WalterHere's what I do:
jam with friends, keep challenging yourself and learning new stuff, go perform live at an open mic or at a bbq, take your guitar to the beach and pick up on chicks/impress your mate if you're already taken, entertain family-show off your new skills, pick up your spirits when your down by picking up your guitar and expressing with all those bluesy skills you learned on Guitar Tricks, write songs and add bass, drums and vocals, make a fun video and write your own soundtrack to it(doesn't take much), teach someone you like, to play guitar.

All good suggestions. Thanks. :cool:

# 4
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Douglas Showalter
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/05/2009 11:34 pm
You always want to work to push yourself. Once you feel your playing beginning to take shape, next step is to start playing with others. Where as some may find satisfaction in simply playing for fun at home, most of us want to work to get better throughout the journey. For you, I would start to play with other musicians that are your friends or family; and than seek out musical opportunities within your community. This can be church, local clubs, open mics, etc. Seek out every possible opportunity possible for you to share your skills with others. This will take you to that next level.

Hope this helps.
Douglas Showalter
# 5
Dirty Bill
Dirty Bill
10/14/2009 1:08 am
I'm working on it. There's not many to jam with around here,but there are some. I'm not sure if they are open to fng's though. :rolleyes:

I enjoy just playing for myself,and learning new songs and licks too. :cool:

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.