Just put a Dimarzo "Norton" in my Jackson DXMG

RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
09/08/2009 2:09 am
OH MAN!!!!! It's like an entirely new guitar. I know have 3 electric guitars that I absolutly love dispite the fact that I still have to swap out the bridge pup on the Kramer and put in that Duncan Screamn' Deamon.

I was skeptable on acheiving my tone in that guitar after reading all the praise that the Dimarzo Tone Zone was given. I'm not going to speak bad of the Tone Zone, I'm sure it's a great pup in the right wood, but for my tastes, it just didn't cut it.

Enter Dimarzio "Norton". (not to be mixed up with the Dimarzio "Air Norton")
It's just like the JB, alive. It's got spunk, attack, harmonics, dynamics, an awesome growel.

And dispite the fact that it's only a medium output pup... Pleanty of juice coming out of that pup.

Tone chasing pays off again!!!!
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 1
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
09/15/2009 7:05 pm
And to add... If you like 80's tones, then this pup is for you.
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/17/2009 6:08 am
Glad it worked out for ya!

I like my Tone Zone axe a lot, but I've also got other guitars that I like a lot.

And if we all liked exactly the same tone, we'd only have one guitar available in the world.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
09/17/2009 3:01 pm
I was over on the Dimarzio forum and was getting responses to my dislike of the ToneZone basswood combo. A few people were saying that you really need to work with that pup in particular. Lots of fine adjusting on the height to get it just right.

I still have it, not going to sell it. I may drop it in my Kramer once I get it back together and see what happens. More than likely though, I will be building a Maple Gibson Explorer body to drop it in.

You know... The one thing I could have and should have tried is to match it up with a 1 meg pot.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.