LEARNING

RUCALOVE
RUCALOVE
01/12/2002 3:20 pm
I AM A 22 Y/O GIRL WHO JUST RECEIVED A GUITAR FOR XMAS. I HAVE WANTED ONE FOR SO LONG AND AM GETTING IMPATIENT WITH THE LEARNING PROCESS. I WANT TO KNOW THE QUICKEST AND EASIEST WAY TO GET STARTED ON THE RIGHT PATH. HELP!!!!!!
----RUCALOVE
# 1
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
01/12/2002 5:39 pm
find a teacher... Or somemone that will help you along the path. Welcome to the community.
# 2
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
01/12/2002 6:11 pm
Originally posted by RUCALOVE
I AM A 22 Y/O GIRL . . .

Hey, now that's the way to get replies. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten about 20 . . .

Anyway, LaLimace is right. Get a teacher! Yes, they can be expensive, but you'll be glad you did. I've seen too many screwed up guitarists trying to learn exclusively from books or the internet. Books and the internet are good resources, but only a teacher can show you the proper techniques to get started.
# 3
James8831
James8831
01/12/2002 9:27 pm
go to the home page of this site there is a section halfway or so down on the right of the page called "Beginner" with subsections . Start on "Absolute". Sure wish that these intertent thingys were around when i started

*shuffles off on zimmer fame*

Good luck and experiment with the controls on it as well as the strings, you shouldn't hurt much playing with your axe.

:D

PS..Have Fun.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 4
Parrot Head 1970
Parrot Head 1970
01/12/2002 10:54 pm
While I agree with all of the previous posts, (teachers, sites, etc.) I'd recommend finding someone you won't feel uneasy around and playing / learning / teaching with them. You have so much to learn, so much to share and so much to teach. Some of my greatest learning was done playing with beginning guitarists. You have a fresh outlook on the instrument. Play with some that have an experienced outlook and you'd be suprised how often they ask you what you played. (even if you don't know what it was)
Enjoy the experience. Whether you just want to play campfire accoustic or to stadium audiences they are all the same notes.

All the best!!!!!!! :cool:
# 5

01/13/2002 3:56 am
Believe me a teacher is really the best way to go.

I never took lessons and I struggle with basic theory. I just got off a good thread with Lalimace about Modes. I got it figured out now but I've been playing for 9 years. You'd expect a guitarist to know these things by now.

I never really took the time to look them up. With a teacher I would have gotten that theory down in no time.

It's also easier to learn the right way first instead of unlearning the bad habits.
# 6
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
01/13/2002 4:06 am
Originally posted by Benoit
It's also easier to learn the right way first instead of unlearning the bad habits.

Sometimes it is good to struggle, because it's part of the learning process. I see all those kids at stores that can play awesome licks, but have no hear whatsoever. Learning by yourself let's you develop your ears, because you're the one teaching yourself. That's why I have posted somewhere that you should record yourself all the time, and listen back to it. You'll hear what your teacher would hear. A teacher is not someone who has something you don't have. He's just someone who sees you and hears you through his senses.
(I'm not saying 'don't get a teacher', I'm saying 'get one, AND work on your own...')
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.