View post (Acoustic and a Mic - What's the secret?)

View thread

BobGamacho
BobGamacho
08/19/2009 2:10 am
I am a fingerstyle player who mostly plays on a classical guitar. I have a microphone, I have a mixer with phantom power, it goes into my computer.

Classical guitar is a parlor sized La Patrie "Motif", and it is outfitted with an under-saddle pickup that is powered by an onboard 9V battery. It sounds great from the pickup to the mixer, but the sound through my microphone sounds like junk, very hollow.

This is my mic: CAD M177 I've pasted the description below for those who do not want to click on the link.

I went into a studio about a year ago, and the guy had these dual Sennheiser's that made my guitar sound fantastic. I know that my Mic is not expensive, but I expected a bit more from it, and I have to figure that I'm doing something wrong.

Anyone want to offer up a bit of info on how to get a condenser mic to record a fingerstyle player?

Rob

MICROPHONE: CAD M177
Externally-biased large-diaphragm transduction, high-power electronics, and legendary CAD industrial profile. Your tracks will shine with a blend of classic tone and futuristic punch. The M177 condenser microphone features include hi-pass filter and attenuator. Swivel mount, elastic shockmount and carrying case included. P24 (24V) or P48 (48V) phantom power required.