if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 1
KFS1972
Full Access
KFS1972
Full Access
08/01/2009 12:01 pm
I'll see your "Show me the Way" and raise you a "Black Hole Sun". I first heard/saw this back when DishNetwork still carried RaveHD. I REALLY enjoyed that channel!

BTW, Without getting completely detailed and technical, how does that pipe work with the amp in so many of his songs?
# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
08/01/2009 12:15 pm
Originally Posted by: KFS1972I'll see your "Show me the Way" and raise you a "Black Hole Sun". I first heard/saw this back when DishNetwork still carried RaveHD. I REALLY enjoyed that channel!

BTW, Without getting completely detailed and technical, how does that pipe work with the amp in so many of his songs?

It called a Talk Box

Here's what he used:
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=287

In short, it is used like a guitar effect and would be in your 'stomp box' chain with the nylon tube running up to the microphone as you see in the vid. So, when you step on the box to turn it on, it would stop the signal from going to the amp and turn on a speaker internal in the box unit. That would send the signal through the nylon tube strapped to the mike.

So, with the tube in your mouth, the sound 'spills' in to your mouth and you mouth out things as if you were speaking but the 'noise' is provided by the tube. As you can guess, the microphone is picking up the sound.

So, it's really more of a singing your guitar sound only without using your vocal chords but with the chords and notes played on your guitar.
# 3
KFS1972
Full Access
KFS1972
Full Access
08/01/2009 12:29 pm
Originally Posted by: JeffS65It called a Talk Box

Here's what he used:
http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=287

In short, it is used like a guitar effect and would be in your 'stomp box' chain with the nylon tube running up to the microphone as you see in the vid. So, when you step on the box to turn it on, it would stop the signal from going to the amp and turn on a speaker internal in the box unit. That would send the signal through the nylon tube strapped to the mike.

So, with the tube in your mouth, the sound 'spills' in to your mouth and you mouth out things as if you were speaking but the 'noise' is provided by the tube. As you can guess, the microphone is picking up the sound.

So, it's really more of a singing your guitar sound only without using your vocal chords but with the chords and notes played on your guitar.

Very cool,, thanks. I like that organic/electric sound that it offers.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.