View post (What amp should I get? I play mostly metal)

View thread

antonskv
antonskv
05/25/2009 6:39 am
Originally Posted by: hunter1801so the "Patented TransTube technology in preamp and power amp" doesn't really have anything to do with tubes in the 75 watt?

On a side note, Ive been researching this line of amps the past couple days and have already decided that Id probably spend the extra money on the Sanpera II if I got one lol.

Hunter, every single of Vypyr Amps has that "Patented TransTube technology in preamp and power amp". Look at GuitarCenters website page for Vypyr 15W, here it is: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-104922851-i1413605.gc

You'll see it has that as one of the features. It doesn't make it a Tube Amp.

Vypyrs that are Tube Amps have "Tube" written in the name, like "Peavey Vypyr Tube 120".

For the purposes that you've said in the beginning, if you want a Tube Amp save your money and get a Vypyr 60, 'cause 120 is just a monster really, you'll blow your windows in your room :) lol

I visited a friend in a studio and he had 120 there, for a huge room even it was a lot. I mean i think you could easily use it in a small concert.

If Vypyrs would have smaller tube model, i would recommend a smaller one. But unfortunately from Vypyr models the 60W is the smallest tube amp they got.

That Vypyr 75 you are asking about is not a tube amp, but its still an EXCELLENT amp. Everybody i know never said anything bad about any of Peavey Vypyrs.

And since i got one myself, i can verify that they make very decent amps.

I mean final decision is up to you of course, and i recommend you give some serious test driving to all Vypyrs. And then see which one of them you want to use to make your neighbors move two states away from you. ;)