View post (What amp should I get? I play mostly metal)

View thread

antonskv
antonskv
05/19/2009 2:26 am
Originally Posted by: hunter1801Thanks for the input, I was looking at Peavey amps. 1 week till school is done then I go shopping for an amp!!! :D

Dude i really didn't have money to get a 30W one, but thats what i would recommend. See all Vypyrs besides 15W have stomp box knob that gives additional effects, so i suggest you get a 30W, but if u don't have money for it 15W one is also VERY good.

I mean if you have limitless amount of money or lets say up to $600, then get a Vypyr Tube amp. 60W one and 120W ones are Tube amps, they are really great, i tried on in the store, i wish i had money for it it.

Line6 Spiders are direct competitors of Peavey Vypyrs, but see Vypyrs are much more customizable than Spiders, so if some wise-crack gonna tell you in the store that they are better, try it first and make sure u go through all options to see that i'm not lying.

ALSO! For Vypyr you can get a Sanpera pedal which will give you additional control over your amp. Sanpera I and Sanpera II pedals have loop pedal built if im not mistaken and they add additional effects to the ones that are built into the amp. So Vypyr with Sanpera pedal its like a real setup which has everything that a guitarist could want. I mean maybe its not enough for Slash or Joe Satriani, but im sure its enough for most of the hobbyists.

Hope you will like it if u get it! Try it out definitely at the store.

Cheers.