For first time forum users who are unsure of how to ask a question in the forum:
1. Click Search in the toolbar below the welcome message.
2. Type in a keyword or two that best sums up the topic in question. ie. "pickups", "amps", "Gibson Les Paul", "Boss pedals" etc.
3. The forum will list some topics that match your search. Look through these to see if your question has already been answered. Odds are it has.
[U]If that fails you can make a new topic: [/U]
1. Find the forum which best suits your topic.
2. Once inside that forum find the "New Thread" button on the top left and click.
3. This brings you to the new thread box. Title your thread so that it describes what we will find inside. "Question about Chords" "What Guitar should I buy" Use as much detail as possible in the body of your message so we can get you the best answer possible without having to ask too many follow up questions.
4. Click the "Preview Post" button. It will show you exactly how your post will appear on the forum. If everything looks good Click "Submit New Thread".
5. Now wait for responses. Be patient. Someone will get to you.
Open Discussion: Use this forum to discuss anything that is not related to guitar. Anything from cars to food. Political and religious as well R rated discussions are not allowed to ensure a fair and family environment for all our users.
Guitar Basics: Use this forum to ask about basic guitar use including holding a pick, tuning, how to hold a guitar, etc.
Technique and Style: Use this forum for questions about bending, picking style, legato, tapping, sliding etc.
Music Theory: Use this forum to discuss things like time signatures, keys, chord and scale construction, modes, all that good stuff.
Songwriting: Use this forum to discuss song construction, chord progressions, lyrics, and what makes a song good.
Recording: Use this forum to discuss microphones, recording gear and software, recording technique, etc.
Listening Post: In this forum you can post links to your recorded material to be commented on by fellow forum users.
Tone and Effects: Use this forum to discuss effects pedals, or ask how to get a certain sound from your gear.
Gear Discussion: Use this forum to discuss anything from what guitar or amp to buy, cables, picks, and things of that nature.
Gear Reviews: Use this forum to share your experience with certain gear. There is a strict format you should use when posting. Please read those rules before posting.
Tech Talk: Post questions about the workings of guitars and amps here. Anything from general maintenance, changing strings, switching out pickups and pots, to building a guitar from scratch.
Famous Bands and Artists: Here you can talk about your favorite bands and artists.
Musicians Life: Discuss playing live, band relationships, The Biz, and all that which makes us want to play the guitar here.
Places to go, Sites to see: First off, blatant advertising will not be allowed. ie making a forum account for the sole purpose of promoting specific sites. If that is why you're here, please use the contact page to ask the webmaster about advertising on Guitar Tricks. However, if your a regular member and you find some interesting site please share.
Guitar Tricks Site: Use this forum to report any bugs or to ask questions about using the lessons section of the site.
[U]Full Access Users:[/U]
Full Access Forum: Use this forum to discuss general questions about the Full Access Service and lessons.
Lesson Q & A Use this forum to ask questions about lessons and suggest new lessons to instructors.
Ask A Guitar Tech: Ask tech questions to be answered by the in-house guitar tech.
The Individual instructor forums: Each instructor has their own forum to answer specific questions about their own lessons. Find the instructor you need to ask and post in their forum. You can also message the instructor directly but you can save them a little time by having your question answered in public so the answer can be read by everyone.
Guitar Tricks Moderator
"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons