Lessons on (famous) Artist's Songs

rono1
rono1
03/18/2009 7:10 pm
Hello GuitarTricks Staff!! You guys do a phenomenal job; this is by far the best guitar instruction website and/or course out there. Thanks and kudos!

I just had a small request that I wanted to throw on the table. I'm sure it's been requested before but I'm a relatively new member. Sorry if you've dealt with this request in the past...

In learning the guitar, there comes a point where one wants to play a song. I'm having some difficulty in learning actual songs by other artists to play. I have a few "song books" but I find it hard to get the strumming pattern down (and synchronizing that with the voice) and I don't think I sound anything like I should. Would it be possible to add a tutorial section dedicated just to playing famous songs by other artists? Aside from being categorized into styles (blues, metal, pop, etc.) they could also be categorized by difficulty.

And, yes, I would eveeeeeeeeeeentually like to learn about songwritting but until then...

Thanks a lot!
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
03/18/2009 7:43 pm
We are definitely working on this. The licensing problems are complex. Stay tuned :)
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
rono1
rono1
03/19/2009 12:28 pm
Yeah, of course, the licensing must be a mayor problem. But it seems like you guys have something in the works. Thanks!
# 3
Rykoshet
Rykoshet
04/03/2009 3:40 pm
For something like this I'd recommend Guitar Pro 5 (or any of the free alternatives.

It's a great supplement to the site.
# 4
learninganew
Full Access
learninganew
Full Access
04/13/2009 2:32 am
Originally Posted by: RykoshetFor something like this I'd recommend Guitar Pro 5 (or any of the free alternatives.

It's a great supplement to the site.

I took a look at this and have some questions. Does this application take a song and convert it to tab? If so, could I use it to download some music from YOUTUBE? I don't know what a MIDI file is, but I have a couple songs in MP4, etc. and wonder how I would convert to MIDI?

Thanks for any replies

-terry
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.