cool observation

Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
02/26/2009 7:35 pm
I was playing my electric....through a multi effects pedal...I think it was on a distortion of sorts

anyway....
I hang my guitars on wall mounts...
and right above my amp hangs my Dean acoustic

so I was playing whatever I was playing...and hit a G note on the 5th string 10th fret and heard some noise somewhere other than what I was playing...
I did what I was doing again and heard the same noise...a few times

so I got up and put my hand over the strings of the dean..and the sound stopped...

I did it again...but this time I muted each strong speretaely one by one on the dean and found that the G srting was ringing

so again...I nailed the G on the electric 10th fret 5th string and there went the G on the dean on the wall above the amp singing away...I was playing 2 guitars and didnt even know it!!!

I believe if memory serves me right ( from audiology/learnking about sound classes) the two tones must have the same fundamental frequency

just a cool observation
im off work today
got some time on my hands and thought I would share
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/27/2009 3:00 am
Originally Posted by: Itsmesillyso I was playing whatever I was playing...and hit a G note on the 5th string 10th fret and heard some noise somewhere other than what I was playing...

I muted each strong speretaely one by one on the dean and found that the G srting was ringing

That is called sympathetic resonance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathetic_resonance
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.