printing lessons?

Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
01/26/2009 2:00 am
when I look at a lesson it for the most part seems fine ....some of them are a little blurry but whatever....one here in there I can deal with

anyway when I go to print them they come out blurry-ish? Ive used two printers and am sure its not my side....the top of the page where it describes the lesson comes out nice and crystal clear but the tab is like what the heck? how am I supposed to see that?

some of them ( a jazz lessons by Hanspeter for example ) I cant make out some of the fret numbers....thats really frustrating

any ideas?
# 1
jonathanp12
Full Access
jonathanp12
Full Access
01/26/2009 3:11 am
Originally Posted by: Itsmesillywhen I look at a lesson it for the most part seems fine ....some of them are a little blurry but whatever....one here in there I can deal with

anyway when I go to print them they come out blurry-ish? Ive used two printers and am sure its not my side....the top of the page where it describes the lesson comes out nice and crystal clear but the tab is like what the heck? how am I supposed to see that?

some of them ( a jazz lessons by Hanspeter for example ) I cant make out some of the fret numbers....thats really frustrating

any ideas?

I noticied the same also. On the one I printed the tab was blurry but readable. Surely that someone on GT will check out this issue.
[FONT=Verdana]Jonathan Poulin
Quebec Canada[/FONT]
# 2

01/26/2009 5:44 am
mine are clear. check the res on your printer.
# 3
jonathanp12
Full Access
jonathanp12
Full Access
01/27/2009 2:51 am
WallsOfJarrow,

Originally Posted by: WallsOfJarrowmine are clear. check the res on your printer.

Itsmesilly says that it is blurry on the screen too (well I understand like that). I have experienced the same on some lessons. So if I relocated those lessons I'll let all know.
Quebec Canada[/FONT]
# 4
Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
01/27/2009 4:16 am
yeah Ive seen a few now....the type at the top looks normal and prints normal...like explanation of the lesson and all but the tab just is pretty lame...very icky on the eyes
I have to go to sleep but will look for some of the lessons tomorow
# 5
jonathanp12
Full Access
jonathanp12
Full Access
01/27/2009 4:22 am
Itsmesilly,

Yeah you right. We've just to list a few lessons and post here. I think there is a glitch when they created those pdf documents. But it's not that terrible at least for me because it's readable on paper (however I've only printed one so I'll see in future).

See you
Quebec Canada[/FONT]
# 6
jonathanp12
Full Access
jonathanp12
Full Access
01/27/2009 4:52 am
As a reference for lessons with "Print Lesson" containing fuzzy tab we can list those three lessons from the Guitar Fundamentals 1 course.

Another Melody on the Upper Strings
Another Melody on the Middle (and Upper) Strings
Another Melody on the Lower (and Middle) Strings

I printed another lesson not mentionned above and indeed the tab is more fuzzy on paper than on the screen but still readable on my side. Earlier I wrote that I experienced it with some lessons but in reality after thinking it's like that on every lessons I opened (by curiousity) with the "Print Lesson" link so far. Maybe we need to deal with it but it's not big deal for me.
Quebec Canada[/FONT]
# 7
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
01/27/2009 9:25 pm
Thank you so much for all the work on this.

This is an ongoing issue that we are having a lot of trouble fixing.

If we had known several years ago how big a role printing would play, we would have arranged things differently.

No need to test other files, we are aware of the problem and we know it is widespread across all instructors.

For those of you who are more computer-savvy, this advice might produce better results while you wait for us to come up with an easy site wide solution:

Alternate Printing Instructions (Windows):

- Right-click the notation file you want to print and save it.
- Open the file in an image editing program (MS Paint is a good one, in Program Files->Accessories)
- Use the print function of the image editing program to print from there.

This will give you the best possible print available right now.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 8
jonathanp12
Full Access
jonathanp12
Full Access
01/27/2009 11:55 pm
Jon,

Originally Posted by: Jon BroderickThank you so much for all the work on this.

This is an ongoing issue that we are having a lot of trouble fixing.

If we had known several years ago how big a role printing would play, we would have arranged things differently.

No need to test other files, we are aware of the problem and we know it is widespread across all instructors.

For those of you who are more computer-savvy, this advice might produce better results while you wait for us to come up with an easy site wide solution:

Alternate Printing Instructions (Windows):

- Right-click the notation file you want to print and save it.
- Open the file in an image editing program (MS Paint is a good one, in Program Files->Accessories)
- Use the print function of the image editing program to print from there.

This will give you the best possible print available right now.

Jon

I understand perfectly what Guitar Tricks are currently experiencing. I think everyone is really happy that you are aware of the issue and working on it. Thanks also for the advice about printing the image itself using an image program.

See you
Quebec Canada[/FONT]
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.