hey hey

Itsmesilly
Itsmesilly
01/16/2009 3:40 am
Hey everyone
just joined today. Hoping this is the structure I need. I wish I had people to play with but the one person I know who plays....doesnt play well with others. He is more the "watch me play" kinda guy.

brief background....I have owned a guitar for many years
I have played it here and there..learned what I learned...play what I play
but want and need to focus more

I took lessons for a little while....I liked the structure and motivation but money got to be an issue..plus I felt like I was in 4th grade and all nervous when I didnt practice enough for my lesson the following week..and Im 36 so whatever

I think I am interested in learning jazz...I find it comforting to just mess around with jazz chords...I dont know songs but have some scattered skills. I started lessons saying I want to learn leads....then it was teach me jazz..then theory..lolol sooooo unfocused.

Im trying to find the styles that I fit best with....leads..picking..rhythem. I think if I try it all I will finally find my groove.
I have an ibanez electric and an ibanez and a dean acoustic....I am thinking of getting a more jazzy guitar next...maybe a semi hollow body...i dont know

anyway thats me
see you all around the boards

Itsmesily
# 1
RickBlacker
Full Access
RickBlacker
Full Access
01/16/2009 7:03 am
Hey Itsmesilly

Hows it going. Good luck on your endeavors. I'm coming up on 3 months of playing. Loving it so far. You wont get nervous here. Learn at your own pace. Lots of different styles to choose from. I'm sure you will enjoy. :)
[U]Ricks Current Mystery Video[/U] - Updated Monday March/02/2015
# 2
Warehouse40
Warehouse40
01/16/2009 10:33 pm
Hey Itsmesilly
Just wanted to welcome a fellow newbie to the site. I have been here only two weeks, but I feel like i have learned more in two weeks than the three months I had spent with an instructor. I love the diversity in different styles that are offered here.
My first attempt at learning the guitar was about 5 years ago, and I just got so frustrated with it that I gave it up. I really like the fact that I can really pace myself now and I feel like I am getting a real grasp on the lesson being taught here. There's my plug for the site. lol
Good Luck and remember to have fun
Warehouse40
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.