Jam sessions and Flash movies pitch down ?

hendrixjimi
hendrixjimi
12/13/2008 1:25 pm
can you do that on this site to make all movies and jam session half tone down for example ?? :confused:

btw this site is the best,really ! :rolleyes:
# 1
Guitar Tricks Manager
Administrator
Guitar Tricks Manager
Administrator
12/14/2008 6:19 pm
Hi, Thanks for the compliments on the site! :) Unfortunately the audio files in Jam in the the Lessons cannot be transposed. It would take quite a feat of technology to transpose the audio in the video lessons in particular. Anyway, enjoy the site, and enjoy the Holiday Season.

LEO
Manager
# 2
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
12/14/2008 10:13 pm
Flash doesnt' support changing pitch on the audio and video files.

We tried playing the videos at half-speed for slow motion. Here's what happened to the audio: instead of playing slower or at half-pitch it was just stuttering (plays a frame, waits, plays a frame).

Whenever flash supports this, we will do it.

Jon
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/14/2008 11:52 pm
If you can record the audio into an application like Cubase (or if you have a copy of the file in MP3 format) you could pitch it up and down as well as time stretch it to slow it down or speed it up as much as you want.

The one enclosed for instance, was imported it into Cubase, sliced into sections and a new pitch entered for each slice. The original file isn't altered, it's just Cubase telling the file to play at the new pitch.
If you want to do the whole song just click on the track and pitch it up or down. The changes are instant. (although time stretching is pretty processor intensive and takes awhile to render)

There's also an application called the Amazing Slow Downer (or something like that) but I haven't tried it.

The only tricky part is finding a way to convert the flash audio file to MP3 etc.. so Cubase will recognize it. Unfortunately, the Jam player is self contained and doesn't have a way to export the file. (that I know of)
I've been adding MP3's to lessons as well as Jam files, but I don't know if the other instructors are doing this too.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.