Two mp3's not working

jt419oh
jt419oh
08/27/2008 1:27 am
The mp3's on this series do not seems to work for me.

http://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=293

The songs "celebrity" and "I love this bar" do not work the are silent.

EDIT:
Perhaps they are panned to one side? I just checked without my headphones and they are working.

Thanks
# 1
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
08/27/2008 2:36 am
Hey jt419oh,
They play fine on my system, I recorded them in stereo. I didn't pan to either side, just recorded them and converted the wav file to mp3.

Sorry you're having trouble with them, check the volume button on the left of the little player. If you click on the speaker it will mute it, but you can slide the level to the right for more volume.

I wish I could put up vids for those sig licks, but copyright law says no to that. It's actually not what brad played on the recording, did it that way on purpose. I think brad played his intro out of the C barre chord, in the 3rd position.

On I love this bar I think that was done with a B bender, and I didn't use one when I recorded the mp3. Both are how I was kicking the songs off, not exactly what was recorded for their albums.

Let me know if I can be of any more help, and thanks for viewing my lessons.

JD
# 2
jt419oh
jt419oh
08/27/2008 2:46 am
Hey JD,

Must be my headphones. You ever play in Legends up there in nashville.I've been there a few times. My brother in law plays down on the strip.

Played bass for Galen Griffin,Vern Gosdin and a few other folks, well used to he's back home in MS now.

EDIT:

Nevermind I see you're living in arizona now :p

Thanks
# 3
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
08/27/2008 3:32 am
I've been out here for about a year now, but yeah I played there. I played all over Broadway, and around town as well as on the road. I probably know your brother in law too, what's his name? Some friends of mine still play with Vern when he does shows.

Most of the gigs downtown have really changed, a lot of my buddies still call and tell me how different it is now. I know Galen too, but it's been a few years since I saw him.

If you don't figure out the problem with the mp3, let me know and we'll work something out.

JD
# 4
jt419oh
jt419oh
08/27/2008 3:38 am
I got the mp3's working, must be my headphones they work with.

My brother in laws name is Merle Taylor.

thanks
# 5
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
08/27/2008 3:56 am
I've heard of him, and probably saw him play downtown somewhere. I don't recall ever picking with him, but then again I don't remember everybody's name. I picked with a bunch of musicians, and a few names have escaped my memory. I worked with some guys on a regular basis, and other guys maybe once.

You definitely remember the ones you're on the road with, and there's been a few I wish I could forget.

I'm glad you got those mp3s working now, and I'm sorry for ramblin' on about the musicians I remember. I tend to stray from a subject when I start gabbing about that stuff, and don't get me started on road stories, LOL.

JD
# 6
jt419oh
jt419oh
08/27/2008 4:09 am
Originally Posted by: sixpicker

You definitely remember the ones you're on the road with, and there's been a few I wish I could forget.

and don't get me started on road stories, LOL.

JD

LOL I'd bet they are quite interesting, the road stories,

Thanks
# 7
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
sixpicker
Telecastered Instructor
08/27/2008 4:35 am
Most of the time I was on the road, my brother was playing bass. We had a blast most of the time, and every now and then we get into those do you remember when stories.

His name is John, and he's still working out of Nashville with a few bands, and some artists. He still subs whenever the phone rings, if he's available.

The gigs he can't do, he'll recommend other players for. If he wants to do some other side work, we'll try to put your brother in law on his list. I enjoyed the messages, and I hope you will keep in touch. Messages sent through the contact button on my page, go straight to my email. Send me something, and I'll add you to my mailing list.

JD
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.