Original Acoustic Fingerstyle Piece - Needs a name...

Spedzar
Spedzar
08/21/2008 12:36 pm
Hi there,

I don't have a name for this tune yet but it was composed and recorded last month. I couldn't find my little MP3 player (that I was using to record spur-of-the-moment ideas with), so I grabbed my Digital camera instead - with its crappy microphone and horrible frame-rate video features - and pressed record...

Audio quality is pretty bad but I like the composition and thought I'd post it in it's original form as it's something a little more structured and different from the usual shred I've been posting in the monthly backing tracks and elsewhere.

Any ideas on a name for this song? (please be nice...) :)

Low-qual vid of Spedzar's acoustic tune
Spedzar - "the sound of one hand tapping"...
# 1
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/21/2008 7:14 pm
love the main theme, it is sparse in melodic direction but it gives it a folk-type charm in my opinion. it never strays from your root chord and it feels like a little dance on that one chord, slightly varying with the diad motif at around 44 seconds. sounds great, i'd love to hear it with a second backing guitar providing counterpoint.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/21/2008 7:17 pm
as far as a name, what about going for something "earthy"? i spent some time on a ranch on the oregon coast some weeks ago and i brought my mandolin along with me and i came up with some pretty moving pieces brought on by the scenery. this song sounds like dirt, wood and plant growth to me (if my inner hippie does say so).
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3
Spedzar
Spedzar
08/23/2008 10:48 am
Originally Posted by: quickfingersas far as a name, what about going for something "earthy"? i spent some time on a ranch on the oregon coast some weeks ago and i brought my mandolin along with me and i came up with some pretty moving pieces brought on by the scenery. this song sounds like dirt, wood and plant growth to me (if my inner hippie does say so).

Thanks for your review mate and also for the suggestion. Down here in Hobart, Tasmania, we are just coming out of a pretty cold winter. A good friend of mine remarked that Vancouver is actually quite similar in may ways to the part of the world I live in - I'm looking forward to some warmer weather and have just started seeing some of the "first signs of spring" which I think in relation to your comments might be a good title.

Here's a shot I took from my backyard on 18.08.08 of Mt Wellington across the River Derwent... What's Vancouver like?

# 4
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/26/2008 8:18 am
vancouver WA is a dumpy suburb of portland, OR essentially. i think you're referring to vancouver, BC in Canada. but in that respect, you're very right about the weather pretty robust stuff in the winter, especially on the coast.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 5
Spedzar
Spedzar
08/27/2008 8:17 am
Originally Posted by: quickfingersvancouver WA is a dumpy suburb of portland, OR essentially. i think you're referring to vancouver, BC in Canada. but in that respect, you're very right about the weather pretty robust stuff in the winter, especially on the coast.

Haha yeah I did think Canada, and now that I've done some research I see that WA refers to Washington. :o At least I didn't ask you where in Western Australia Vancouver is... ;)
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.