Beyond Beginner (slightly)

ahartbeat
ahartbeat
08/16/2008 9:38 pm
I'm trying to decide whether to sign up or not and so far the site looks great. my only question right now is that as i review the beginner 1 and 2 areas, it looks like I'm either right at the end of them (in terms of knowlege/playing). So where do i go next? Is there the same version for intermediate (or beginner 3?!).

I get that from beginner you can 'chose your own path'. I guess I'm just a bit more linear and need additional guidance on what that path(s) may be.

Any help here appreciated.

thxz
Micah
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/17/2008 3:24 am
Originally Posted by: ahartbeatI'm trying to decide whether to sign up or not and so far the site looks great. my only question right now is that as i review the beginner 1 and 2 areas, it looks like I'm either right at the end of them (in terms of knowlege/playing). So where do i go next? Is there the same version for intermediate (or beginner 3?!).

I get that from beginner you can 'chose your own path'. I guess I'm just a bit more linear and need additional guidance on what that path(s) may be.

Any help here appreciated.

thxz
Micah

I'll tell you that music and guitar playing in general is not linear.

First, after you learn your basics you'll want to learn/refine the techniques commonly used in your genre of interest. We have many fine technique lessons across all genres and you will not be disappointed. There are intermediate techniques that are used in a number of genres and maybe you bring up a good point that we should have an intermediate and advanced guides. With that I can agree.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
ahartbeat
ahartbeat
08/17/2008 1:18 pm
Yeah, I know we all go down our own path with style/song preference etc. I guess what I was really looking for was that at intermediate level there is still a common thread of knowledge to be known. (Kind of like if you a beginner, G, C, D and basic 12 bar blues was experienced by all.)

thxz
Micah
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.