Malmsteen, Blackmore Tone

thundergod
thundergod
11/29/2001 5:55 pm
Does anyone know what model of amp Yngwie mainly plays through? Also what effects, pickups,etc...
I would like to at least get a sound close to his if possible. I'm working on my pick hand and make great progress acoustically, but when electrified, all I get is a lot trebly pick scratch! The notes are clear but the scratch is irritating no matter how clean my attack is. Please Help!
thundergod
# 1
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
11/29/2001 11:03 pm
Marshall, without the master volume, the same that hendrix used... I believe they are called plexi and I know they are very expensive... For your information, malmsteem plays so loud that he has built an amp booth 300 feet from his studio so that there is no leak!! SO turn it up , bro!!
as for your attack, use a different pick maybe one made out of wood, are stone. He uses the thickest ones you can get
# 2
crazyguy
crazyguy
12/07/2001 3:58 pm
Decreace the angle of the pick relative to the string, and use a very short portion of the pick ( do not dig into the string ). To prevent early hearing loss, use a stronger distortion or overdrive pedal, or use them to boost the signal prior to preamp gain section (set pedal controls to : tone=flat, volume=max and almost no drive). Moderate the treble on the amp and boost the mids a bit. It's not exactly ultra-high-volume plexi, but it's much less irritating. Practice slowly and use a metronome or scratch will be all you produce. Good luck and remember...
Impendance is fruitfull
while the buttons are circled.:eek:
# 3
maser
maser
12/14/2001 8:42 am
Yngwie, at least in his early years, was known to use the middle pick-up exclusively in his solo's... so keep that in mind
Mai Zure - So overdriven, he sh*ts distortion
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.