Malmsteen Strat

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
11/25/2001 9:30 pm
I've been looking at the Yngwie Malmsteen strat for a while now. I've done a lot of research, and from the sound bytes from Fender.com, it sounds pretty good. The only thing i nned to know what waht it feels like. I've looked in many guitar shops and none seem to have it. It's important, because of the scalloped fretboard. Has anybody played one, what's it like.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 1
guitargod420
guitargod420
11/26/2001 2:55 am
sup dude they have a malmsteen signature strat in the new musicians friend its kinda expensive but im sure its pretty bad ass

peace
# 2
lynng
lynng
11/26/2001 2:44 pm
Found one (trade-in) a few years back at Hollowood Music in Pittsburg PA. The frets are HEAVILY Scalloped, it felt VERY foreign...but I'm sure that alot of people can use the extra bending area.
Like I said, you might want to try one before you drop all of tha coin. Good luck in your search.
Lynn G
"Just another Texas Guitar
Slinger"
# 3
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
11/26/2001 10:30 pm
yea, i've planned on trying it. the only problem is that i have yet to see one in store. anyone in the chicago area know where one is.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.