View post (completely hooked (long winded))

View thread

dougjt
dougjt
05/24/2008 7:15 pm
First off my name is Doug, I'm 30ish, live in Las vegas and I have a passion for music. By trade I do smart home stuff but i specialize in putting together and building home music systems mid to hi end. I picked up a guitar about a week and a half ago and i cant put it down.After some online surfing I thought this was the best site for a beginner. I tried a guitar when i was younger and was frustrated quickly and put it down, but starting on lesson 1 how to use your pick I'm able to make progress.
Which brings me to the reason for my post I need a little direction. I cruised though the first several lessons pretty easily picking up the melody's quickly struggling a bit with the d then hitting my first hurdle. yes the F. after working on the f g and c for a while I can change between them sometimes smoothly but get a lot of buzzing and sometimes worse. I get a little burned just working on those chords alone so i skipped a bit and learned the c scale to mix it up(not sure if this a good idea or not) .
So my question's are, should i just grind thru it ? Is working on the c scale already a good idea? Or any other advise. I want to mix it up a bit but with stuff that will bring progress perhaps an easy song with the chords I can do.

Thanks, Doug

BTW.. I play electric and I like from anything bluesy, southern style rock, rock,alternative, funky stuff, and good old school metal