View post (GT Solo Assignment - May 2008)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
06/03/2008 12:24 pm
Originally Posted by: SpedzarGeez guys... What happened with the amount of response for the assignment this May? For what it was worth, this thread kept me going guitar-wise for the month. It was the only thing I really did with the instrument for any significant amount of time (a few hours on a weekend when the kids weren't in the house) and that kept me going... like a little flare in my heart. I really looked forward to it. I want to say thanks to Light, mpaq and fingerspasm for keeping the "community" alive this month and to Superhuman for his continued interest even in the busiest of times for him and to anyone else that joined the thread.

For those of you in the wider GT forum, if you are listening to what goes on here, please have a go at this. IMO, everyone involved with the assignments thrives one listening to some other perspective of creation and composition. It doesn't matter where you are at or how good you are as a guitarist. What matters is that you come and give of yourself and possibly learn something.

I'd absolutely love to see a different guest instructor have a go at this each month to see if they can inspire the monthly audience on this thread to reach new levels on their instruments. What do you think?

I agree. This is the one thing that keeps me coming back to GT. I check every day at the beginning of every new month for the next backing track. Its so much fun to get to hear the new track for the first time and then to try and figure something out to go with it. Some months do not go so well for me BUT! I always feel like I have moved forward in my playing. I would not stretch nearly as far if it were not for recording myself over a Backing track. I have progressed much more since I started recording.
I have often wondered if we should put a post in the General topics area and invited everyone to come and check out this thread every month. Kinda like advertising.... Just a thought.