View post (GT Solo Assignment - May 2008)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
05/15/2008 3:32 pm
Originally Posted by: mpaqOK, here's mine. Not exactly what i envisioned, but i think the main idea comes across. Im open to any suggestions as to how I could better break this up to avoid the predictable run on.....

Mpaq May 08 attempt

Still trying to get mine finished up so I will be able to listen to others. I am hoping with my work schedule to have it done in about a week. I think that on some of these longer backing tracks there is going to be a little bit of redundancy in the solo just because its so long. This exercise is always called a Solo assignment but really I think it is more of a Lead Guitar Assignment because its hard to play a solo for over 2 minutes straight. So what we are really doing is taking on the role of Lead Guitar which would give us the job of doing the solos in the song. But I do not think its out of place to have some kind of a chorus in there that you go back to between your solo sections. Heck maybe I am making to much of it. But if you think of it that way you might have any easier time with it.