Guitar Tricks Site Runs Slow in UK

Johnny_Rod
Johnny_Rod
04/20/2008 12:25 pm
Hi, Thanks for the great site.

It may be that the site is suffering from its popularity or that there is some sort of trans-atlantic server bottleneck (no pun intended) but here in the UK the GT site starts to run waaaay slow in the afternoon ... right about the time the US users are coming on-line.

Anyone else found this?

Regards

JR
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/20/2008 2:33 pm
I've noticed there's a slowdown during the day, which is why I usually do all my editing at night. (it's amazing how fast the internet is at about 3 a.m.)
I don't know if it's just limited to Guitar Tricks though.
If you're on a Cable Modem, the speed will depend on how many people in your area are signed on. At least that's the vague recollection I have from the info I received from my IP when I first joined.

I don't know how well this works but you could try comparing your speeds between the U.K. and various places using this link:

http://www.speedtest.net/

From Toronto to San Fransisco this morning I've got 9736 upload and 904 download.
But Australia is like only 1038 upload, which is awful.
# 2
Stephen Pengill
Stephen Pengill
05/03/2008 7:12 pm
I must admit the two nights i have been using the website it has been pretty slow... It seems to suddenly speed up though. Not a huge problem as i can still access the lessons it just takes a little while longer to load them

Guitar: Benson
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.