Boss ME-50 or GT-6?

turkeyjerky214
Full Access
turkeyjerky214
Full Access
11/29/2007 9:56 pm
I've done about as much research as possible on the Boss ME-50 and the GT-6, but I still can't decide which one to go with. It seems like you can't find the GT-6 anywhere (guessing it's discontinued because it's almost identical to the GT-8) so if I go with that one I'm going to have to get it used off eBay.

That raises another question. I've never bought a multi-effects pedal before so I don't know how important a warranty is. My guitar shop told me that Boss has a 5 year warranty and then they extend it by 5 years themselves. Do I really need to worry about this?

As great as the ME-50 is, the GT-6 just looks like it's leaps and bounds better.

Any and all opinions/suggestions welcome.
# 1
Bill Kelley
Bill Kelley
12/05/2007 5:54 pm
I don't know about the ME-50, but I've had and used the GT-6 for over two years now and love it. Never had a problem. I run mine through effects loop 1 of a Carvin V3 100 watt Head into a 412 Legacy cab loaded with Vintage 30's. This set up sounds great and I searched a long time for my Tone, some would call me and do call me a Tone freak. These things are built like a tank, very solid. I've seen them on e-bay for under $200.00. Good luck and let me know how it works out.
Merry Rockin Christmas, Bill Kelley
# 2
turkeyjerky214
Full Access
turkeyjerky214
Full Access
12/08/2007 6:35 pm
thanks for the advice, bill. I ended up going with the GT-6, and I do not regret it one bit. I've been playing with it nonstop since it got here. The previous owner left a bunch of the patches he loaded from the internet that are really good.
Of course, I've found a bunch of other ones I'd like to add, but I have no idea how to go about doing this. I'm guessing I'll need a USB to MIDI cable (laptop = no MIDI port). But I've never worked with a MIDI device before, so I would have no idea where to go from there.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.