View post (Lynyrd! Skynyrd!)

View thread

vrnorman
vrnorman
11/07/2001 11:01 pm
Always happy to turn a fellow guitar picker on to awsome/deadly stuff like Green Grass. If you listen you can pick out the three different guitars just by the slight difference in styles. It is rare that a group can come together with three equally talented guitarists and give each other the spotlight without trying to blow each other away.

You should have seen them live. I watched one of them rip a slide lead on the top three strings while playing a slight pentatonic scale on the bottom strings. I'm not really sure if those guys were from Earth. I think they landed on a farm somewhere here in the southern US, saw how people were dressed, copied them, and then formed the band. (Humor) HA!

I was curious to know if you were a Gary Moore fan? I believe he is from your part of the world. I had a tough time deciding wheather Stevie Ray Vaughan or Gary Moore really invented the modern blues guitar style. Gary is one hell of player. I listen to him everyday on my ride home from work. Wish I could find more stuff written about him. I am curious as to where he adopted his style(s). I hear Hendrix, Albert Collins, Albert King, but I would love to know all of his influences.

KeepOnRockin

PS...Ghostriders is an old American Western song from I believe the 1940's. They just updated with awsome guitar work.
Th'WOLF