View post (Lynyrd! Skynyrd!)

View thread

vrnorman
vrnorman
11/05/2001 11:32 pm
Hey I live in the South (US) just a state away from Alabama. Skynard is a legend here. I can't say that there are any songs that I don't like, and there are other songs that i really love. Being a guitar picker myself, I would do anything to get into concerts to see them when they were in their prime. I saw them when they recorded Free Bird live in Atlanta. That song brings back memories every time I hear it.

Free Bird is a great tune I agree, but I am about to mess you up for real. There is another Southern Rock band called The Outlaws. Some of their music is rooted in country but the song "Green Grass and High Tides" is killer. It features three lead guitars and rivels most anyone that I have heard to date. To save you some time, just look for their greatest hits CD. It has all of their best stuff. Some of the songs you may write off as being too country in origin but listen all the way through as the songs kick into high gear after the countryish style opening. My bet is you will love their stuff.

Atlanta Rhythm Section is another great Southern band with heavy guitar mix'ed into some really laid back southern rhythm.

Hey, count me in as another huge Lynard Skynard fan.

Keep on rockin'!
Th'WOLF