Free file-uploading

earthman buck
earthman buck
06/14/2007 4:53 am
Does anybody know of any good sites from whence I could upload stuff and link it? I need a place to keep my music so that I could link you folks (and others) up if I deem it worthy. I was using snapdrive, but then they took away the individual-linking ability due to "abuse" (how one abuses something like that is beyond me, but whatever).

The first few sites that came up on Google told me there was some sort of error in uploading, and I'm getting kinda ticked off.

Can anybody give me a hand?
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/14/2007 10:12 am
For the amount of money it costs, you're better off just paying the money and getting your own server space. Hell, I've been signed up with these guys for about 5 years and have never had a second of the service being out. It's like having an extra
2 gig hard drive on my desktop that I can use for storing files and making my own web pages. Plus.. five of your own domain names and 1000 custom email addresses... can't beat that for making yourself look serious about your music instead of using Google or whatever.

Seriously..it's so little money I don't even remember I'm paying for it (like maybe 4 bucks a month) and almost every link in my sig is stored on there so I depend on em to work every time. If I click on 'Peace & Grooviness' below I know it's working.

Otherwise, paying for Soundclick is the next step. They have a nice user interface and the MP3's look very profession. Plus if somebody likes your music they can buy it, so you easily make your money back.
# 2
pythonusr
pythonusr
06/14/2007 10:45 am
There's soundclick, then that fusionsound one that I forget the actual name of...

Then you could always get your own website, like I do. Freewebs has free webhosting (only 40MB, so be careful with this one), then there's places like T85 and that stuff that offer 5GB for free.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.