Am I just wierd, or is this normal?

looneytunes
looneytunes
11/13/2007 11:20 am
Originally Posted by: vaginasaurusrexugh...

I have that exact same problem, where my strum count equals my syllable count...

in fact, songs that are formatted in that fashion are the only type I can sing while playing...it sucks...

somebody help

OK, I'm not a musican, but I think I can help you with this. You do not strum with each syllable sung. This was a problem for me, well let's just say a few years ago.

You need to play the chords using a metrodome. Start out slow and strum the chords using the correct strum pattern. D D U D D Whatever you are using. D=Down, U=Up Forget about singing at this point. When you can play the song all the way through without missing a beat. Then speed up the tempo. When you are playing the song automatically without thinking about the strumming at the correct tempo, then start singing and it will be like singing along with the radio!

Some syllables will be bunched together on 1 strum and others may be held over several strums. I is very important you get the strum and beat correct for the rhyme guitarist keeps the beat through the entire song for the lead and vocalist. The drummer does keep the beat throughout the song also, but he's really not much help for the vocalist and lead guitarist because of the changing tones.

Practice with the metrodome (starting at a slow tempo) and play each chord perfectly. Don't get sloppy, it will show. Try using different strum patterns. There's a million of them. D D D DU DU D DU D and so on.

I know if you do this, you will get it!
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.