View post (Rank the best Megadeth CDs)

View thread

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
05/03/2007 9:33 pm
Being a bit of a Megadeth fanboy, I can actually participate in this - but I may be one of the only ones :o :

1:Rust in Peace The best ones are all almost too close to call, but this one stands out, for reasons which have already been much discussed... basically, if you like metal and you don't know this album, give it a listen!

2: Tie - The System Has Failed and Youthanasia The former was the second metal album I ever bought, so I suppose there's that - but even comparing it to the others now, it stands out. One or two iffy tracks, but mostly excellent. And the latter is undeniably a classic - but I think I'm the only person I know who ranks it over Peace Sells.

3: Countdown to Extinction Probably one of the most consistent metal albums outside the Iron Maiden catalogue.

4: Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?

5: So Far, So Good... So What? "Set The World Afire" is one of their heaviest songs ever - I must see it played live before I die!

6: The World Needs a Hero

7: Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good! Haven't actually heard this one all the way through, but the tracks I've heard are in themselves better than number eight and number nine...

8: Cryptic Writings Don't get me wrong, a good album - "A Secret Place", "Mastermind" and "She-Wolf" are genius - but it doesn't really stand up to the rest of their work.

9: Risk What I consider to be their only bad album - "Crush 'em" is one of the worst songs I've heard lately. But it still had a couple of good moments.

I didn't rank United Abominations, because it doesn't come out for two weeks yet... :eek:
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>